Even though you can afford a professional groomer, knowing how to keep your dog clean when at home is important.
Regular grooming doesn’t just keep bugs out but, it is part of bonding. Sometimes, your dog may need a bath before the scheduled groomer’s visit, and you can tell that if your dog licks or chews the coat or when it rolls on the ground. If you were filling in an event registration form for a talent contest and any of the above happen; you may have to take your dog home.
So, to keep your dog clean always, here are some tips.
- Start small
If you don’t know how to go about the whole process, you can begin by brushing their coat one day and then bathe your dog on the next day. On the next day, you may trim their nails. Keeping each session short makes the whole process easy.
- Brush Correctly
As you brush the coat, look out for bugs or small black flecks in their fur. Get them out then establish a brushing routine.
- For dense and short coats, always use a slick brush to help detangle the fur before you pass a bristle brush.
- If the coat is smooth and short, you can use a rubber brush to detangle before brushing with a bristle brush. To polish the coat, use a chamois cloth.
- If the coat is long, a slick brush will detangle the hairs, and a bristle brush will complete the look.
- The feet and the tail also require brushing so; you shouldn’t leave them out.
- Bathe Well
It is advisable that you bathe your dog at least once every three months though you will need to bathe your dog frequently if they have skin problems and if they spend a lot of time outdoors. The weather also determines the frequency within which you bathe your dog.
- Always bathe your dog after brushing him or her because brushing makes bathing easier, you won’t have to deal with tangled fur or pieces of hairs in the tub. Use a mild shampoo that won’t cause any irritation.
- You should use lukewarm water, and you should be careful not to spray him or her directly in the eyes, ears or the nose.
- Once done, rinse your dog well and ensure that you get all the shampoo out. Don’t forget to look at the ears: a foul smell or excess debris signals problems and you should visit a vet.
- Dry your dog by patting them with a towel. Always use the low-heat setting on your blow dryer.
- You can always get a bath toy if your dog gets too excited during baths.
Other Grooming Essentials
- Most dogs develop thick coats over winter and shed most of it in spring
- Beware of skin allergies, infections, stress, metabolic issues and skin problems which present as excessive scratching, licking or chewing
- Good dental hygiene is important, and you should brush the dog’s teeth regularly. To enhance the health of the dog, get them chew toys.
- Take note of excessive tearing, inflammation or cloudiness of the eyes as they could indicate a health issue.
- Trim nails as soon as the pup’s nails touch the ground when he or she walks
- Check the paws regularly to ensure that there are no wounds, foreign objects lodge or infections. This is because the paws protect joints and bones by acting as shock absorbers and protectors against harsh weather and rough surfaces.
Related Posts.| |
- January 2018
- December 2017
- November 2017
- October 2017
- September 2017
- August 2017
- July 2017
- June 2017
- May 2017
- April 2017
- March 2017
- February 2017
- January 2017
- December 2016
- November 2016
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- July 2016
- June 2016
- May 2016
- April 2016
- March 2016
- February 2016
- January 2016
- December 2015
- November 2015
- October 2015
- Adopt (163)
- Advertising & Marketing (28)
- Animal (85)
- Arts & Entertainment (29)
- Auto & Motor (27)
- Business Products & Services (25)
- Clothing & Fashion (23)
- Dogs (79)
- Employment (28)
- Financial (26)
- Foods & Culinary (28)
- General Articles (204)
- Health & Fitness (26)
- Health Care & Medical (22)
- Home Products & Services (24)
- Internet Services (18)
- Personal Product & Services (27)
- Pets (198)
- Pets & Animals (231)
- Real Estate (21)
- Relationships (36)
- Software (29)
- Sports & Athletics (40)
- Technology (21)
- The Animal Rescue (206)
- Travel (23)
- Vet (81)
- Web Resources (32)
- How Reading https://shopgourmetkitchen.com/best-microwave-toaster-oven-combinations/ Can Be Helpful
- Understand Exactly How To Establish Which Stocks To Invest In Right Now
- Promotional Products Make Great Marketing and Advertising for Your BusinessAC
- Understand Exactly How Managing Your Brand May Help Boost Your Organization
- Make Sure Your Brand-new Dog Has The Instruction It Needs
- Keeping Your Network Servers Secure With Services Found at www.monstercloud.com
- Making Money From The Shale Oil Boom
- A Few Recommendations for Getting Prepared for Cooler Temperatures
- Why Larger Promotional Items Provide a Higher Investment Return
- Each Staff Really Needs Proper Training Utilizing Systems
- Be Sure You Will Decide On The Right Advisor For Your Organization
- Differences Between Personal and Installment MaxLend Loans
- Discover A Way To Be Able To Get The Cash You Have To Have